Geneva Football

Geneva Football
We Will Be Closing at 2pm Friday October 27th, To attend the Geneva Knights High School Football Game, which is away this week.

Tuesday, September 23, 2008

How I became a Shoe Repair Shop Owner

The story behind the shoe repairman -
After earning my BA in Business Administration from Covenant College, at Lookout Mountain, GA in 1993, my wife and I moved to IL. My parents, who owned a dry cleaning store, were adding shoe repair and asked me to run that part of the business. I began my hands on training with the previous owner of the shoe repair equipment. After two years, we moved to FL, where my wife grew up. I began working for Jim McFarland, 1995-1999, a well known award winning shoe repairman. While working there, I received an award for excellence in craftsmanship from the Shoe Service Institute of America 's(SSIA) Silver Cup Competition. From 1999-2004 ,I went on to help open and manage a new full service shoe repair business, Edgewood Drive Shoe Repair, that specialized in Red Wing Boot and Shoe repair. In 2005, I became the owner of Edgewood Drive Shoe Repair. I have really enjoyed serving my customers and being my own boss. I look forward to creating awareness of shoe repair, promoting my business, highlighting great shoe care and foot health products, and helping answer customer questions.

No comments: